This is a very basic Rapidstrike rewire. This will not get you top tier performance, but, if you are an electrical noob like me, it is a great place to start. The primary goal of this mod was to rewire the Rapidstrike so that it could use a battery pack, and to add a voltmeter in order to monitor the charge of said pack. The secondary goal was to gain sufficient knowledge to prepare me for a more advanced Rapidstrike build. Throughout this build I followed Torukmakto4’s “Standard Rapidstrike, An Illustrated Guide.”
If you have already seen my imgur post on the Nerf sub-reddit, then most of this will be review. That said, I will be going over the mods I’ve done, so far, on my Han Solo blaster, as well as my opinion of the blaster, and my future plans for it.
If you have ever seen The Mummy, then you probably remember the scene where Rick O’Connell, played by Brendan Fraser, pulls out his roll of weaponry. If you are anything like me, the first thought that occurred to you was, something to the effect of, “I want one of those.” For this reason, I was compelled to purchase the Big Bag O’ Blasters (or Big B.O.B.) from Blastersmiths UK (BSUK). BSUK is a company, based in the United Kingdom, that offers bespoke Nerf tactical gear as well as upgrade kits and parts for certain Nerf blasters.
I had one last Orange Mod Works 7kg spring, and I decided to install it in this Strongarm. I chose to leave the air restrictor in place, as it is an important part of the mechanism that seals the plunger tube to the cylinder upon firing. Besides, modern Elite style air restrictors are reasonably efficient. Dart velocities seem significantly higher than stock, and slam-fire is working well. This blaster would be a great secondary for super-stock Nerf or Humans vs Zombies.
As for the paint, I started with a charcoal gray vinyl dye base coat. I added hand painted black and green detailing. I tried out a Rust-Oleum satin clear enamel. It seems to be a bit more durable than the clear acrylic spray that I usually use, but I think I prefer flat clear coats to satin. That said, I am quite happy with how the green turned out. The orange pieces were left unpainted for safety purposes.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be listing my remaining inventory on eBay. This Strongarm is one of three blasters that are currently for sale. Check out the eBay listing here.
Please take a look at my other blaster listings as well.