I got a kick out of the Lawbringer, right out of the box, but it needed a little work for me to really love it. I’ve seen a few minimized Lawbringers, but I decided to go a different route.
I did a couple basic performance mods first. I removed the dart pegs from the cylinder (not necessary unless you use stefans, but I felt like doing it), and threw in an 8kg Orange Mod Works Hammershot spring. With the performance bumped up to acceptable levels, I turned my efforts toward solving the one glaring ergonomic flaw in the blaster, the stock.
I first removed the stock from the main shell.
I didn’t care much for the placement of the dart storage on the stock, so I opted to remove it all together.
The two sides come apart to reveal the actual dart storage rack.
While I don’t intend to put this back on the blaster, it may serve a purpose in a future project.
I next sanded the four cut down “posts” on the two remaining stock pieces.
The center structure that I removed was replaced by two lengths of 1/2″ PVC pipe.
I simply cut the PVC to a suitable length (this depends on the size of the user), heated the ends with my heat gun, and pressed them on to the “posts.”
This is the result. A custom length Lawbringer shoulder stock.
The modified stock is a much more comfortable length, and it feels every bit as stable as the original stock. Since PVC expands when heated and contracts when it cools, the stock is firmly attached with no need for adhesives. True, its a bit of an ugly mod, but, as this blaster is intended to be a primary for a post-apocalyptic LARP, a little sanding and paint should be all that is needed.
On another note, I have several more eBay listings up for sale. Please, take a look at the links below:
Proceeds from these sales go toward new projects. Thank you for reading.